Edinburg, TX 78542
Salary: $0.00 /year
IOC Company, a leader in road and highway construction, is seeking candidates for Supervisor Grading. Qualified Candidates must have background in road construction, mass excavation, and grading.
Candidates must have the ability to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in excavating and grading right of way for construction projects, such as highways, streets, drainage ditches and dams. Minimum two (2) years’ experience as Job Supervisor/Foreman/Lead performing similar work.
- Measures distances from reference points to locate boundaries of construction site.
- Directs work crews engaged in operating vehicles and machines to dump, scrape and spread dirt.
- Verifies curvature of graded surface, using hand level.
- Supervises work crew engaged in operating machines to tamp, roll and smooth surface for subgrade of highway.
- Computer, Communication & Organizational Skills – strict attention to detail.
- Ability to Schedule, Direct and Manage a work crew.
- Some knowledge of Plans & Specifications; including TXDOT, Federal, State and local industry-related regulations.
- Great safety record with understanding of OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Knowledge of job site tools including Lasers, Lines, Grades helpful. (GPS experience a plus)
- Proven track record of success.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
IOC Company offers competitive compensation based on experience.
Work Location: Multiple Sites
Position is well suited for someone who is:
Dependable, People Oriented, Flexible and Detail Oriented
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch, and sit.
- Work extended hours outdoors in variety of weather conditions.
- Travel may be required.
- Saturday work as dictated by scheduling.
- Must be able to wear hard hat, safety vest, safety glasses, safety-toed boots
IOC Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer